Maize is one of the most important foodstuffs in the world. Today, about one-third of the world's population uses maize seeds as their main foodstuff, and the nutritional composition of maize is better than that of rice and potatoes. With the development of the corn processing industry, the edible quality of corn continues to improve, forming a variety of corn foods.
What are the products made from maize?
Many types of products can be made with corn as raw material. Corn Flake Production Line can process and produce many kinds of corn food products, not only in the food industry but also in the feed and industry, which are very widely used.
(1) Special corn flour and embryo flour: Corn kernels are high in fat and will produce an unpleasant taste due to fat oxidation during storage. The processed special corn flour has an oil content of less than 1%, which can improve edible quality and has a finer grain size. It is suitable for blending with wheat flour to make all kinds of pasta.
(2) puffed food: corn puffed food is the rise since the 1970s and the rapid prevalence of convenience foods, with loose porous, uniform structure, soft texture, not only color, flavor, and improve nutritional value and food digestibility.
(3) Corn Flake: is fast food, easy to carry, has long storage time, can be directly eaten, and can be made of different spices to make a variety of flavors of convenience food, water, milk, soup can be eaten. Corn Flake Production Line can produce high-quality corn flakes.
(4) Corn beer: Because the protein content of corn is close to that of rice but lower than that of barley, and the starch content is close to that of rice but higher than that of barley, it is an ideal raw material for beer production.
(1) corn kernels: corn kernels, especially yellow corn, are good feeds, which can be directly used as feeds for pigs, cattle, horses, chickens, geese, and other livestock and poultry, and are especially suitable for fat pigs, beef cattle, dairy cows, and broilers. With the development of the feed industry, concentrated feed and feed with a wide range of applications, the amount of pure corn for feed has been greatly reduced.
(2) corn stalks: is also a good feed, especially high-energy feed for cattle, can replace part of the corn seeds. The disadvantage of corn stalks is that it contains less protein and calcium, so it needs to be supplemented. Straw silage can keep the stems and leaves fresh and juicy and in the silage process by microbial action to produce lactic acid and other substances, enhancing the palatability.
(3) Feed application of corn processing by-products: by-products such as embryo, bran, and slurry produced in the processing of corn wet milling, dry milling, starch, beer, dextrin, sugar, etc., are also important feed resources.
(1) corn starch: corn occupies an important position in the production of starch, and most of the world's starch is produced from corn. In order to meet the requirements of the quantity and quality of corn starch, corn starch processing technology has made remarkable development.
(2) Fermentation processing of maize: Maize provides abundant and economic carbohydrates for the fermentation industry. Glucose generated through enzymatic digestion is a good raw material for the fermentation industry. By-products of processing, such as corn soaking liquor, powder slurry, etc., can be used in the fermentation industry to produce alcohol, beer, and many other products.
(3) corn sugar: with the development of science and technology, the starch-based sugar industry is emerging, the variety, production, and application range has increased greatly, which the corn-based sugar industry is particularly notable
(4) corn oil is a vegetable oil made from corn embryo processing, mainly composed of unsaturated fatty acids. Among them, linoleic acid is an essential fatty acid, which is a component of human cells. The gluten sterols in corn oil have the effect of lowering cholesterol and contain vitamin E, which has an antioxidant effect and has a certain anti-cancer effect.
These are the applications of corn in food, feed, and industry. In addition to these, it has other uses. In short, corn has a wide range of uses, and many products can be made with it.