As a fast food, corn flakes are loved by people for its advantages such as long shelf life, convenient eating, and nutritious meal replacement. Corn flakes are made from corn flakes through the processes of "peeling, separating germ, soaking, cooking, pressing, drying, cooling, and finished products". Corn Flakes Making Machine is a special equipment for producing corn flakes.
Corn contains a large embryo, which affects starch gelatinization and corn flakes morphology, and brings inconvenience to the processing operation. Therefore, corn grits that have been dehulled and degerminated are used as raw materials for the production of corn flakes. So, are there any different processing techniques for corn flakes? The following describes the processing method of corn flakes.
Baked corn flakes
Corn grits → pressure cooking → drying → tempering → rolling → baking → seasoning → baking corn flakes
1. Pressure cooking: Put the corn grits after embryo extraction into a rotating drum-type high-pressure cooking pot, add sugar and salt and other seasonings at the same time, add water, and cook for one to two hours until the corn grits are completely gelatinized and the corn grits are completely gelatinized. It meets the requirements when it is translucent.
2. Drying and tempering: After the cooking is finished, reduce the pressure of the steamer, and clear the corn grits from the mesh outlet by centrifugation. During the cooking process, the glued corn grits are broken up, and then the corn grits are sent through the conveyor belt. Into the dryer for drying treatment.
3. Flakes: After cooling, the corn grits are sent to the flaking machine and pressed into thin slices with a thickness of about one millimeter.
4. Baking: Send the rolled corn flakes to the oven for baking, reduce the moisture to less than 3%, then cool it, and then season it, you can get toasted corn flakes with golden color and crisp taste.
Corn grits → soaking in acid liquid → neutralization → washing → draining → grinding → forming → baking → sieving → frying → seasoning → fried corn flakes
1. Soak the corn grits with sulfite water for 16 to 18 hours, and then neutralize it with lime water. The amount of lime water is about 0.8% of the corn grits. After neutralization, wash it with water, drain it, and grind it into fine slag.
2. The wet fine residue is pressed into a shape, and then baked at a high temperature. After baking, it passes through a perforated steel wire conveyor belt to sieve fine debris, enters the oil pan for frying, and after frying, it enters the seasoning drum for seasoning. After seasoning, the package is oil. Corn flakes finished product.
Corn Flakes Making Machine production process
Corn flour, sugar, salt, other nutrients → mixing ingredients → twin-screw extrusion maturation → cutting and forming → pre-drying → tableting → high-temperature baking → corn flakes
1. Ingredients: To make the finished product have a good taste, the ingredients are very important. Pay attention to the composition of the raw materials, as well as the ratio and content of various nutrients.
2. Extrusion and maturation: The extrusion maturation molding process is the key to produce high-quality corn flakes. The corn flakes should be fully matured, so that the corn flakes can be dense and crisp, with outstanding flavor.
3. Cutting: cut the material after extruding and curing by the twin-screw extruder into granular materials of the same size, and the material is translucent.
4. Pre-drying: After the corn flakes are dried, a certain tension will be formed and will no longer adhere to each other, which is conducive to the smooth progress of the tableting.
5. Tabletting: The tabletting process is also the key to the production of corn flakes. The requirements for the tabletting machine are very high. The surface of the roll must have a high degree of smoothness, and the roll must be kept at a constant temperature.
6. High-temperature roasting: This step determines whether the corn flakes have a crisp and compact structure and unique flavor. Use an open flame to directly heat the air to about 260°C for roasting.
7. Finished product: The baked corn flakes are cooled and become corn flakes products. There are also many corn flakes that are processed in post-processes, coated with sugar or chocolate, which are mostly determined by market demand.
The above is an introduction to the processing technology of corn flakes. I believe everyone has a certain understanding of this. The third processing method is the most commonly used now. The corn flakes making machine is easy to operate and is the best choice for producing corn flakes.